This Website is operated by A Bad Deal for Maine PAC (“we” or “us”). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third-party.
- Any third party, including through any website, application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or credit card number (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide to us, including by filling in forms, signing petitions, making donations, creating a profile, sending us email, connecting through a social feed, requesting information, or posting information on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”).
Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
If you sign an online petition, the petition may be public information and we may make the petition and any information you provide for the petition publicly available, including state or local leaders or the press.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment and browsing activity, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, the pages you visit, the search terms you use, the links on which you click, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
If you visit our website to read or download information, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information about you from your computer. This information is collected from your computer’s web browser. If you only read or download information on our website, we do not collect or learn your name, e-mail address, home address, or other personal information about you. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Using Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect from you through this Website to provide you with access to this Website and to help us make this Website more useful to visitors. In addition, we may use your information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To personalize your access to our Website.
- To develop records, including records of your personal information.
- To customize our communications with you.
- To send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services that we think will be of interest to you.
- To help connect you with other supporters and to solicit volunteers, donations and support.
- For analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve services and content.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- With organizations, groups, or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To protect our rights or property.
- To protect someone’s health, safety or welfare.
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You may opt out of any future emails, texts, or newsletters from us at any time by following the instructions in those communications or by sending us an email stating your request at the address below.
Privacy of Children
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We strongly suggest that parents monitor the internet usage of their children.
Please be advised that our website may contain links to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of any linked site or any link on a linked site. You are responsible for obtaining privacy policies from any website not owned by us.
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from this website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email